Lincoln Bookends (1920’s)
Production of the Lincoln Bookends, made of plaster, was probably begun in the late 1920’s by the Mazzolini Artcraft Company. They appear to be based on the statue of Lincoln that Rebeck sculpted for the Alliance War Memorial (model pictured above) in 1924. Mazzolini Artcraft mounted the bronze colored bust onto the ebony colored based in two styles. A sales brochure states that Rebeck based his sculpture of Lincoln on the famous Pickett Plaque made in 1873 and which was eventually used on a commemorative two cent stamp. The bookends were sold by the Lincoln Museum in Fort Wayne, Indiana until their closing in June 2008.